The Best Homemade Salsa Recipe! This homemade restaurant-style Salsa is perfect served with tortilla chips or as a topping over your favorite Mexican food, like tacos, burritos, taquitos and so forth. The best party food around and a must-have snack!
A super easy, super fresh, super delicious salsa. You’ll never need another salsa recipe again! Servings: 14Prep Time5 minutesTotal Time5 minutes
- 1 1/4 lbs ripe Roma tomatoes (about 5 – 6)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes*
- 2 green onions, ends trimmed, chopped into thirds
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion (about 1/4 of a medium)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (about a handful)
- 1 large clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse in 1 second bursts until all ingredients are finely chopped.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy
*Canned diced tomatoes with mild green chilis, or canned fire roasted tomatoes also work great as well.
For a thinner salsa, you can add in a bit of tomato juice or tomato sauce if desired.