Looking for a delicious pressure cooker recipe for Super Bowl Sunday or any other occasion? This BBQ Pulled Pork recipe by Fissler will be the delight of everyone on your party list!
BBQ Pulled Pork
1 1/2 lbs. pork shoulder
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 cup beef broth
1Tbsp. liquid smoke
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1tsp. garlic powder
1 onion, cut in half
Step by step
- Cut pork into fist -sized chunks or smaller. In a large bowl, season the pork with the brown sugar, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat the pressure cooker on high and add oil.
- Add pork and sear on all sides. Once seared, add the beef broth, liquid smoke, and onion.
- Close and lock the lid in place. Heat on high until pressure builds and the indicator rod rises showing maximum pressure.
- Turn down the heat. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and release the pressure by slowly pressing the button on the handle.
- Once all pressure is released, open the lid.
- Remove pork and pull apart while hot with two forks.
- Serve with BBQ sauce and hamburger buns.