An easy and great ‘Wow!’ dessert for your next dinner party! And these Cherry Cheesecake Shooters are easy peasy!
What you need….
- 2 bags (12 Ounce) Frozen Sweet Cherries
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Whiskey (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Juice Of Half A Lemon
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2 packages 8 Ounce Cream Cheese
- 1 can (14 Ounce) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 12 whole Graham Crackers (the 4-section Rectangles)
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
What to do…
- Combine the cherries and honey in a medium saucepan and cook it over medium heat until hot and bubbly. Pour in the whiskey and stir to combine, then let it cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the butter until it melts.
- Mix together the lemon juice with the cornstarch, then pour it in. Continue cooking for 2-3 minute until thicker. Add the almond extract.
- Pour into a bowl and allow to cool to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours, or until chilled.
- Crush the graham crackers and spoon into the bottom of your favorite wine glasses.
- Add cream cheese and sweetened condensed to bowl and whisk them together until fluffy.
- Fill a pastry bag or zipper bag with the filing. Snip off the end and pipe a big helping over the crumbs in each of the glasses.
- Top with a big spoonful of the cherry topping.
- Top with sliced almonds.
(Note: Mix 2 tablespoons melted butter into the crumbs if you’d like them to be a little more moist.)
(Note: 1 package of cream cheese makes for a more pudding-like texture; 2 packages makes for a thicker texture.)